Monday, April 19, 2010

CAMP PENDLETON HARD CORP MARATHON & SKYLINE TO THE SEA TRAIL MARATHON

Marathon # 33 & 34










Marathon # 33 was at Camp Pendleton Hard Corp Marathon in Oceanside, CA. I finished 5:59:04. I'm still recovering from my 107 miles last weekend. I saw my new marathon friend Irlan "The Dreamer" MM# 2112. Irlan is new to marathoning and loves trails. We met at Sycamore Canyon Trail 50k in Malibu.

Marathon #34 was Skyline to the Sea Trail Marathon in Los Gatos, CA. What a tough but beautiful marathon!!! I finished 7:05. The course was so pretty and the waterfalls were calming. We ran though the crest of the Santa Cruz Mountains at Saratoga Gap though Big Basin Redwoods State Park, and ended at the Pacific Ocean at Waddell Beach.

I met Debbie & Maureen from Chino, CA. This was their first marathon. Can you believe they picked a tough trail for their first marathon??? Wow!!!






I loved Skyline to the Sea Trail Marathon! Will do this one again.




We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. Carlos Castaneda
Keep Believing!
Yolanda "Walking Diva"


1 comment:

  1. Came across your blog from the Maniacs page. Good luck on your quest. I'll be following.

    ReplyDelete