Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Quicksiver 50K Trail - #39






HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!


Quicksilver 50K started off with no sleep. I drove all night (hubby was with me). I grew up in San Jose and I had no idea that Almaden Quicksilver County Park existed. The race started at 6am, which was one of the things I like. The morning was pretty with a few clouds and the weather was perfect. The course was extremely hilly with some steep climbs. As the day went on the hills kept coming. The views were awesome and I managed to finish 8:07:48.

Theresa is my marathon friend from Berkeley. Theresa does trail marathons only. She has completed five 50K's with the most recent being the Quicksilver. She is now working hard to beat last years time. Keep up the good work Theresa!



Bill, MM#1583 from San Francisco says he got started marathoning late in life. Bill has finished several road marathons and two 50K's. Your never too young to start something new. Keep running Bill!


Courage is grace under pressure.
Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen
it with use.
Thank you Race Director Paul for a very challenging
race.
Keep Believing!
Yolanda "Walking Diva"

No comments:

Post a Comment