Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Redwood Park Trail 50K - #40







HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !!!!
This was my first double 50K of the year. Redwood Park Trail is one of my favorite 50K's. At the start of the race it started to rain. The first few miles the rain poured. I was completely wet. At one point I thought I was running a mud run. The scenery is just beautiful!. We ran through tall redwood trees, crossed a few streams and climbed some pretty steep hills. California has some of the most beautiful trails and Redwood Park is one of them. I finished 8:28:40

I'm wearing Dirty Girl Gaiters.
Running gear by Dirty Red Gear
www.dirtyredgear.com

Gail, from San Diego is wearing Vibram Five Fingers Shoes, the alternative to barefooting. Unlike conventional shoes that insulate you from your surroundings, Five Fingers footwear deepens your connection to the earth and your surrounding. Looks like fun Gail!




Ernie, 63 has an amazing story. In 2003 Ernie weighted 487 pounds! He has some major health issues, diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. Ernie took control of his health and by 2006 he lost over 300 pounds! He has run over 20 marathons and Redwood Park Trail was his second 50K. You're my inspiration Ernie!!!










Race Director Sara of Pacific Coast Trail Run are my favorite trail runs.
With God's help, a little hard work, some motivation, staying focus, lots of determination, along with some persistence, you can do it!!!
Keep Believing,
Yolanda "Walking Diva"


1 comment:

  1. You are rocking it! Keep it up. Those trails look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete