Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Buckeye Marathon - Marathon # 75

Marathon #2, state #2, still day one, Saturday Sept 4th. I left Pocatello and arrived at Salt Lake City airport with no delays. I arrived at Phoenix at 5:15pm with my son RJ waiting for me. Thank you RJ and I am truly blessed to have you as my son. I needed your help and you were there for me. I'm sure you won't let me forget and I will owe you for life:) I love you!


Buckeye Endurance Runs had a Marathon, 50 miler, 100K, and a 100 miler. The course is a 500 meter dirt track at the beautiful Nardini Manor Track in Buckeye Arizona. I arrived around 6:15pm and the marathon didn't start until 8pm. I asked the race director if I could start now and he said no but if you upgrade to the 100k which started at 6pm you can start now. I up graded and started my laps. The marathon was 85 laps. I finished 7:22:08









I met Debbie who was so nice and pretty and full of energy.














This is Betty from Maryland and she's 69 years young and running the 100 miler. Betty your 40"s were fabulous, your 50's were amazing and your 60's are brilliant!!! You're a Rock Star Betty!!! Rock on girl!!!


















BELIEVE
Believe in the power of believing. Say, "I believe" and believe it. Believe in something, anything, that gives you the courage and strength to continue on when it would be so easy to give up. Believe that you're beautiful. Believe it when someone tells you, "You deserve to be happy". Believe that you have choices and that you can choose wisely.
-Rachel Snyder-



Aravaipa Running Trail and Endurance Runs puts on many events throughout the year. Buckeye was a fun and well organized race. Sorry most of my pics didn't come out.


Keep Believing!
Yolanda "Walking Diva"




No comments:

Post a Comment