Monday, September 20, 2010

Diablo Marathon - Marathon #80

Mt. Diablo Marathon was run at Diablo State Park in Clayton California. The course was extremely hilly, brutal, hard, pretty, beautiful, and scenic on single-track trails and dirt roads. I finally finished 8:31:36. I did the marathon not the 50K!!!











Remember Ernie! He's still going strong. 18 events this year ranging from a 10K to a 50K! You go Ernie! Jo Lynn and Stacey said "we are going to just have fun"! Carol from Alaska is here on vacation and said why not take in a 10k and enjoy the view.
































This was my 3rd time doing Mt. Diablo and the hardest. All I did was climb and climb and climb and climb. It never did end. I started to cry and I wasn't sure if I was crying because of my brother or if my blood sugar was low. I believe it was a combination of both.






















The views were spectacular! You could see the San Francisco Bay Area and the surrounding areas.



























Oh my goodness!!! There were tarantulas everywhere!!! Scary, hairy, ugly, creepy tarantulas!!!
It's mating season...gross!!!!












































Thank you Phyllis for your kindness and words of encouragement...
TRAVEL STEP BY STEP


As with all journeys, the difficult part is simply to begin. Your heart knows what to do; it's up to you to listen to that inner voice. Make your choices carefully and courageously, then take a deep breath and begin. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time, one cloud to push away, one sun to shine.


Travel step by step and reach for one goal before moving ahead to another. That's the way to find out what real accomplishment is. As you go, take it slowly. Your confidence will grow and, in the span of distance and time, you will surprise yourself with the sunlight you'll journey into the shadows you'll leave behind.
-Douglas Pagels-

Keep Believing in yourself and your Dreams!
Yolanda "Walking Diva"







1 comment:

  1. Yolanda, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that your heart can turn any pain into love and that you can celebrate your brother's life. The Redwood run was a good place and so was Diablo. I've heard of many people sharing tears with the mountain. Sending positive vibes your way. See you soon. Theresa

    ReplyDelete