Friday, February 10, 2012

In the "Spotlight" with Jessica

Meet the ambitious and beautiful Jessica from Denver!

1 John 4:4...........Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world.

 It is only through Gods almighty grace and favor that I have been blessed with the ability and the privilege to pursue my dreams. I am currently a third year student at the William M. Scholl College of Podiatric medicine in North Chicago, IL.  A 2002 graduate of Montbello high school in Denver, CO I have never let go of Gods unchanging hand, and never will…
Throughout my life my parents reiterated the importance of faith, school, hard work, manners, responsibility and service.  Along with my three brothers I was raised in a household that encourage surpassing the previous generation in every aspect of life, we could not make bad grades, college was not an option, and my parents practiced constant admiration and encouragement. Although my father worked two jobs, when he was able he would regularly drive by the house of an African American Surgeon and say “see Jessica, he went to Southern, and one day you can have all of that.” I thank God for my parents and the sacrifices that they have and continue to make on my behalf. I can never repay them but I can pass on all that they have taught and instilled in me.

2002  - Bachelor of Science degree in Biology , Southern University and A&M College - Baton Rouge, LA
2007  - Graduate biomedical engineering research - Debakey Institute at Texas A&M University
2009 – Master of Health Care Administration, University of Memphis - Memphis, TN
2013 – Doctor of Podiatric medicine, Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine @ Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science – North Chicago, IL

Even though I had great mentors and incredible parents and a very supportive extended family, medical school hit me like a brick academically, emotionally and financially. In the future I pray that I can prevent this from happening to as many aspiring students entering the medical field as I can reach through unwavering community involvement. It is invaluable for children to have someone to come to with their questions and concerns, someone to educate and guide them through their future and with God’s help I pray that someone is me. 

Thank you for allowing me to share my story and if I can be of assistance to anyone pursuing a similar career please feel free to email me at Jessica_richason@yahoo.com .

God Bless,
      Jessica M. Richason


No comments:

Post a Comment