Tuesday, March 20, 2012

LA Marathon 3/18/2012

LA MARATHON 3/18/2012
Los Angeles California
I love LA and I really loved that it didn't rain.  18,729 finishers and I was one of them.  I finished 6:32:42
The course starts at Dodger Stadium and ends at Santa Monica Pier.  We traveled through Chinatown, Little Tokyo, Hollywood Walk of Fame and Rodeo Drive.
Kodak Theatre

Rodeo Drive


Beautiful Medal
"When you are able to lose yourself in the process and stay completely engaged in your work, you are going to become
a star at whatever you do!"
-Russell Simmons-

St. Patrick's Day Trail Marathon  3/17/2012
Riverside California
St. Patrick's Day Trail Marathon was held at Sycamore Canyon Park in Riverside.  The course was a challenging single track four mile loop.  The marathon did the loop six times and a small loop at the end.  I finished in 7:32:18
It never rains in Southern California...
I had ten miles of hard rain...
I managed to turn the grey skies blue...
Marathoning lets me be my true authentic self. It reveals my weaknesses and my strengths. It shows what my limits are, and what I am truly capable of .  Marathoning brings out the best and the worse in me.  It shows that if I push through and persevere that I can accomplish anything.  Marathoning is who I am and who I want to be.
-unknown-

1 comment:

  1. Great that no rain for LA this year! Wish I'd been there. If marathoning brings out YOUR worst, it's pretty darn good 8)

    Cheers!
    -p

    ReplyDelete