Monday, March 26, 2012

Oakland Marathon 3-25-2012

OAKLAND MARATHON 3-25-2012
OAKLAND CALIFORNIA
We were so blessed that it didn't rain.  The Oakland marathon got off to a great start and I was feeling awesome.  Today was day three of my triple weekend and my first triple of the year.  My time was slow due to a miscommunication between the City of Oakland and the Oakland Marathon. At mile eleven they started removing the cones which caused us to get lost and I managed to finish in 6:19:48. 
wow...that's one big Afro...

nice medal and fleece jacket

"It's impossible" said pride.
"It's risky" said experience.
"It's pointless" said reason
"Give it a try", whispered the heart.
-unknown-




PIRATES COVE 50K   3-24-2012
SAUSALITO CALIFORNIA

Pirates Cove 50K was held at Rodeo Beach in Sausalito California.  After last Saturday's trail marathon in the rain I wasn't feeling up to doing 31 miles in the rain.  I asked the race director if she thought the race was going to be cancelled.  She relied no and that this was perfect running weather.  I had to do some deep mediating to find my happy place.  The trails were muddy and slippery and it rain the entire 31 miles but I wasn't cold and I finished in good time 8:27:56 and I got second place in my age group.

It rained all day

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
-Neale Donald Walsch-


RUNNING CANAL II  3-23-2012
RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA



What an honor it was to walk with Mr. Larry Macon, three time Guinness World Record holder of "Most Marathons Run in a Calendar Year" by a man.  Larry ran 113 marathons in 2011 and has run over 850 lifetime marathons.

GREAT ACHIEVERS

I am fascinated by other people's
creativity and productivity.
I am in awe of their dedication
and determination to fulfill
their talents and desires.
Great achievers are those who
follow the yearnings of their souls.
They are those who challenge themselves
with daily sacrifices
and relentlessly endure the
inconveniences and consequences
that occurs as a result of their goals.
They are focused on developing themselves,
mastering their unique abilities,
and making their dreams a part
of their lifestyles.
They create their own lives
by never wasting a single day
and possessing the inner strength
to carry on through all of life's changes
with an open mind
and a hopeful heart.
-Deanna Beisser-

No comments:

Post a Comment